Welcome to Victoria Grove - the new worldwide CATS discussion board. Sign up, introduce yourself and start discussing CATS with fans all over the world!

CLICK TO REGISTER

CATS Cast Albums

Eliaza

CATS Cast Albums

Post by Eliaza » Wed 27. Dec 2017, 16:01

Let's talk cast albums! Which ones do you have, which ones do you wish you had, are there any that you know exist but you can't seem to find?, etc.

I have:

Original London
Original Broadway
Australia
Hamubrg
Francaise Integrale
Vienna Highlights

I wish I had:
Japan (I can't find it ANYWHERE except on Ebay for $60 or something...which I may eventually bite the bullet and do...)
Dutch
Norwegian
Mexican
Hungarian
Russian
((Do these actually exist anywhere in CD format? Just saw them on CastAlbums.org in a list, but it could be a lie. XD))

In short, I would love to own every album in existence. But it can be difficult obtaining them in the US.

MisToxic

Re: CATS Cast Albums

Post by MisToxic » Thu 4. Jan 2018, 10:28

Hey!
additional to yours I also have one of the Japanese recordings and both Dutch ones, old and new and the Hungarian.
I got all my albums many many many years ago when I first got into the show and listened to everything I could find because the live show in Hamburg was too far away to visit more often.

I stopped listening to them years ago, because somehow it's just not the same as seeing it live aswell.

that being said I WISH there had been official recordings from the recent productions of the past 10 years...

mortifer
Administrator

Post by mortifer » Thu 4. Jan 2018, 13:33

I have every cast recording that was made as mp3 files or on Spotify. The ones I have as CDs are London, Vienna and Australia.

I really don't know which one is the best. I like London because of some songs being very different. The 80s Amsterdam LP has some amazing orchestrations and Vienna has Steve Barton and Ute Lemper.
And then we'd feel balmy, in each eye a tear...

MisToxic

Post by MisToxic » Thu 4. Jan 2018, 14:23

My first one was the Vienna recording so that will always hold a special place in my heart :)